If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A very merry UN-Birthday!

Saturday evening I got a call from Julie asking if I would be at her house on Tuesday at 2 pm. Then at church on Sunday I received an invitation from her that was to some sort of event in honor of me. The details were scarce but I was supposed to dress up. All i could imagine was some sort of fancy party where we all did karaoke or something. I hadn't a clue.

Well, my friends Jeana, Tanya, Megan and Julie (mostly schemed by Julie I can imagine) threw me a Very Merry UN-Birthday party, like in Alice in Wonderland. It was so much fun. Cute little tea cakes and tea sandwiches and yummy tea. Did I mention that it was so much fun? What a perfect way to spend the last day with my friends in Switzerland. I left teary eyed and full of great memories.

Here's a pre-view. I'll post more photos later when I acquire them.


3 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

oh my gosh what a cute idea! i love it! oh and I just realized that the alice cartoon is comprised of your favorite colors......but i bet you already knew that.

blueeyedfreckle said...

duh, she was on your wedding cake. i am just slow to catch on.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thats it? no pictures of your friends? how wonderful that they did that for you.