If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An evening swim in the river


Last night after work Jared and I went to the singles FHE (suggested by Fabian) and we all went swimming in the river since it stays light here until 10pm. The river was surprisingly warm. It was fun to do strokes in the river because against the current you can just swim upstream and stay in the same place. It's like being in an infinity/endless pool.


Of course just swimming isn't enough for Jared and he must seek out more adventure. He noticed a rope swing across the river and we all took a shot.



Here's Fabian doing his monkey jump.






And me swinging, I didn't get a good swing on this one because I slipped down the rope.



And here's Jared swinging away.

4 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

the swimming looks fun. The last time I tried a rope swing, I slipped and sprained both ankles.

asphalt and air said...

i LOVE the limmat.
taking a swim there is one of the first things on my to-do list when i arrive!

Lauren said...

That looks like a ton of fun. When do you come back to the U.S.? I forgot.

Amie said...

Oh that makes me want to find a river... It looks like a lot of fun.