If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pickin' Cherries

Last week I went to Jucker Farm (pronounced Yucker) to pick cherries with my friends Tanya, Julie and Megan, who I'm going to miss terribly when we leave. I think I might cry now. My eyes are dry but....



...after a quick lunch we had to wait out a brief thunder storm before we got to pickin'.




I love the grays here, just like I love the grays at the beach from home.



Tanya and I were in search of some good trees to pick from but she started running back because we didn't find any and there were sooooo many little flies. I love how she all of a sudden bolted.



Jared loves cherries so I took this task seriously. I climbed up in the wet and fly infested trees in search of dark and delicious cherries. We ate most of them on the train ride to Salzburg the next day.


HA!

1 comment:

threeorangewhips said...

You might be interested to know that the statue is a reference to a Brothers Grimm fairy tale set in Bremen, Germany. There is also a famous bronze statue in Bremen - "The Bremen Musicians".

http://www.bremen-tourism.de/btz/english/k1-rubrik_unter.cfm?index=864