If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's been going on in the kitchen.

Spinach, basil, ricotta and tomato pasta with various spices. Basic salad with homemade honey-mustard dressing...I started adding lime to the dressing and it's delicious. Sauteed zuchini and peppers with dill and cumin.


I also made fruit leather the other night. I used all of the random frozen fruit in the freezer. I'm making a berry batch right now.





























Jared really liked it! I've been depriving him of sugar since we're trying to eat fewer sweets. This is good because it just natural fruit sugar.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your fruit leather looks good and I'll take some of that yummy looking pasta.

Betsy said...

Steve and I just went to Costco last night and came home with WAY too much fruit for two of us. How do you make your fruit leather? It would be a perfect way to use up all of our produce!

If only we could make asparagus vegetable leather...I fear the million stalks of asparagus we bought last night may go bad before we can use them up also. :)

Meredith said...

Alice,
Can you post your recipe for fruit leather???

Laurie said...

Yum Yum Yum. You've always been a great cook.