If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, July 7, 2008

Salzburg, Austria

This weekend we headed to Salzburg, Austria. Jared still has American holidays off so we had a 3-day weekend. We stayed at a cute hotel in the Old Town. Hotel am Dom was very internationally friendly.



Sadly our beds weren't together, however I loved the room. Also, it's always hilarious to find these tiny rooms with a HUGE bathroom. We were happy to have a shower since we've been living without one for the past year.




This is the street out hotel was on.




We found this window display very disturbing.




I loved the cute little store signs. They should get rid of neon signs and have these in the U.S.





No town is complete without a castle on atop a hill.


Handsome!



View of Salzburg from the castle.


Unfortunately there was no one around to take a shot of us together.



Marionettes freak me out.


Each room of the castle had a very different, strong putrid smell. I couldn't handle it.

6 comments:

bug girl said...

Hey! I've been there to that Salzburg place. Funny, I don't remember any smells in the castle, but I remember the marionettes.

Amy said...

ok, so for once I will indulge in my own travel memories on your blog because I *LOVE* Salzburg!! We went there several times and it is definitely one of my all time favorite places. It's not overly congested like some of the bigger cities and it's so quaint and historic. I agree with you on the store signs---neon signs and big parking lots have no character whatsoever. hope you enjoy your last few weeks over there.

Meredith said...

I don't like castle smells either. The worst is when it smells like the entire French soccer team visited the castle right after practice...just before you got there. Ew!

Glad to see you found a cute and charming hotel (to make up for the junky place we stayed in Paris!)

Meredith said...

Oh, I think we'll be in CA over labor day....will you be around then?

SwissMiss said...

Those pictures are so perfect! This is what is so special about Europe. All the little details and no plastic.

But wait... no shower!? That sux!

Letterpress said...

Salzburg! We went there on our honeymoon. Good memories.