If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, July 6, 2008

My favorite Holiday


I usually don't like to just write on my blog without photos but I just wanted to let everyone know that the 4TH OF JULY IS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!!!! I LOVE fireworks, I love the heat, I love BBQ's, 3 legged races and 50 yard dashes, pies and watermelon eating contests. This is my 3rd year being out of the country for the 4th and it makes me sad. 1. Australia 2. Ghana 3. Jared and I went to Salzburg, Austria for the weekend. (I'll post later.)

What I miss about America:

1. Friends and family
2. Aussie red licorice and natural Peanutbutter from Trader Joes...well everything about Trader Joe's for that matter
3. DONUTS! Not that I ate them very much, I just want the option to eat them.
4. Biking the Alpine loop
5. Eating delicious dinners with our friend Brad. (He always scouts out the best restaurants.)
6. Walking the Stanford dish and dishin' it with EmCox.
7. Working at Pinewood.
8. S.F. and the beach
9. My Henkel knives which have been in storage for the past year...well all of my kitchen equipment we received when we got married.
10. Not having to wait 6 or 9 hours to call my family.
11. Overhearing conversations in public.
13. Palo Alto weather.
13. Jared said he misses, people, the weather and "getting what I asked for in a restaurant" (We haven't mastered the language barrier.)

24 more days until the U.S. Of course I will miss Switzerland. But, we have a newfound appreciation for America and are eager to explore it more...with our electric car.

3 comments:

SwissMiss said...

Wish you could be here August 1, because that's the Swiss national holiday, where you can get your fill of fireworks, heat, and BBQ (although maybe not 3-legged races...)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i guess i need to be more patriotic...the u.s. will be happy to have you back

Amy said...

i would be interested to hear your list of what you miss about switzerland when you are back for a few months...too bad that darn ocean makes it hard to travel back and forth so you are always missing something either here or there :)