If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, June 2, 2008

Bern 10k

My friend Julie and I ran the Bern (capital of Switzerland) 10k on Sunday. She hurt her leg and I haven't really kept up on my running so we were taking a chance on being able to finish. However we did in just over an hour. I came in 469th out of 2753 Swiss woman. Not bad I thought for not really training.



Before the race they had some enthusiastic woman lead us in exercises.




It was a pretty run and it wasn't too hot.



Thanks to Jared for cheering us on. He couldn't run because it was woman only. He wore his running clothes and shoes though to join in on the fun. Some of the highlights were little kids on the sidelines with skirt guns spraying us with water and the old Swiss ladies playing the steel drums Caribbean style.

5 comments:

Laura Tanner said...

Looks like a pretty run. Great job on 469th place! I'm sure better than I would have done.

bug girl said...

How cool is that...you get to say you ran an race outside of this country. I need to do that one day.

Jill said...

Al, that's what I'm talking about! So impressed!

brooklyn said...

wow. you rock.

Lauren said...

alice, alice, alice, (i'm singing your name) I always knew you would be a world traveler. looks like you've been to many cool places and have had wonderful experiences. i love you.