If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cheese

I've been waiting for my mother to arrive to pick out cheese's at the market. We went Tuesday morning and asked the man at the cheese stand for recommendations. We got some sheep and goat cheese. Then we wanted to get some hard cheese's. We also wanted strong ones. When he gave us samples and we kept saying, stronger he was surprised and finally asked, "where are you from?" in a confused tone like, "why do these Americans have such good taste in cheese." Well let me tell you. I'm sure in started before but ever since my brother Jeremy was called on his mission in 1993 to France we have had a fair amount of interesting cheeses pass through our home. Well, the strongest cheese he had was called "Grossvater" (actually a different name a bit, I thin is Swiss German but I can't quit remember and Google translator doesn't do Swiss German) meaning "grandfather" because it had aged for so long. We were in heaven that night with the cheese.



My mother melted some sheep's cheese onto a salad.



She also went to town with the mushrooms. Oyster, Lobster, morel, and some purple ones from France (which Jared really didn't like) mushrooms.





Here is our stack of fruit that is attracting SO MANY fruit flies. Why not keep the fruit in the fridge you ask? Well, first of all I hate cold fruit, (I have super sensitive teeth) second, our fridge is the size of a shoe box. It won't fit.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

how dare you taunt me with your delicious cheeses. The closest thing I have is the Whole Foods cheese department. My kids and I are jealous.

bug girl said...

I am jealous, too. I want to sample cheese and eat some good strong smelly cheese that makes my tongue curl.

I, also, hate cold fruit because of my sensitive teeth, plus I think room temperature fruit has better flavor.

SwissMiss said...

It all looks so scrumptious! I love cheese, too. :-)

My tip on the fruit is: Since I started composting the scraps, I can leave whole fruits out on the table and it does not attract fruit flies. They only come in when there's open fruit or peels and cores in the garbage (I guess they can smell it).

Other people I know put their fruit in plastic bags to keep the fruit flies away, but I think that encourages condensation and mold.

Amy McCown said...

Fun with cheese. I tried a double cream gorgonzola a few weeks ago day that was so good. Different than what I had before. Love your new shoes. I actually saw someone wearing those in France and was trying to figure out what they were. They look comfy.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

you and your mom make the most beautiful food