If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, June 13, 2008

Mom arrives!

My mother finally came to visit. It was much anticipated. Yesterday she and I decided to wander around Zürich. Since it wasn't raining, (I've decided that if I'm prepared for rain, then it won't.) It's fun to walk around the city with someone not from here because they notice things that I tend to overlook.



She arrived in the midst of the Euro '08 soccer finals.


Since we were out most of the day we took the little pully thing that we ended filling up with goodies and other sorts.



Blue sky!


Color in Globus!



On the way home we got caught in the middle of craziness because a game was about to start.


Germany was playing that night and I love how these girls were dressed.


Meike and Fabian are both from Germany and stopped by after the game, which was a treat:)

3 comments:

Meike said...

Yes, we are true Germans. Loyal to our nation even after they lost the game.. :)
It was a fun evening and I really enjoyed meeting your mom and talking to you. Thanks for letting us come over!

Lauren said...

Is Meike pronounced Mike in the U.S.? just curious. How fun to show your mom what your life is like in zurich. I prefer not using umbrellas either.

La Asistente said...

Wish I could be there. Looks like you are having a great time.

Love, C.