If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Basel with Jeremy

My brother Jeremy was in Basel yesterday attending the Art Basel and Design Miami shows. He owns a furniture store in L.A. called Noho Modern. It's really fun to walk around the city with him because he will pick up a conversation with anyone. I remember when we were in NYC a couple of years ago and he made several friends on the street that day. He really has an eye for potential and can weed out B.S. pretty well. He's fluent in French and Spanish and people are always amazed to meet an American who speaks a foreign language so well.

Here we are in Basel, he's really focusing on getting a good shot.



Making connections with the French.



I cruised around the show and got some shots of the furniture.




I mostly just like this woman's ensemble.




I love copper.



And oh yes, the best part. The new Audi R8. The one that is feature in Ironman. I actually saw one in downtown Zürich a few weeks ago. (Go see the movie. It's good.)





Since regular luggage doesn't fit in the car you have to buy the luggage that comes along with the it in case you want to take a weekend trip. The trunk is in the front.

3 comments:

La Asistente said...

Fabulous duo...

Jill said...

#1 Al, you're gorgeous!
#2 So glad that you got to spend time with the bro
#3 I love the Audi too! Might as well spring for the luggage
#4 Copper is cool

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

so fun to see your brother and I enjoyed looking through the website for his store. cool car!