If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, May 30, 2008

The most Amazing Thunder Storm!

Jared and I were out for an evening walk last night and on the way home we got caught in a storm. I couldn't run because my stomach was hurting really bad and we couldn't hop on a tram or bus because we didn't have our passes with us....so we got a little wet, and so did some of our apartment because the windows were WIDE open.

I have always wanted to capture lightening on camera. Well, I did it, and without a tri-pod. I can't wait to get back to my tri-pod in packed away somewhere in California so I can get come really good shots of life. So, I just put the setting on rapid fire and shot away over and over for about 200 shots. The lightening was so frequent I was bound to get some.








The storm passed over from the lake and headed across the city up north. Here is still some light in the sky where the storm used to be, at about 9:30 p.m.


Here's some fun videos of the sky lighting up!





3 comments:

liz j said...

What a great storm! Love the photos.

I used to love love love lightning storms. Still do, unless I'm in Chicago. Storms there are out of control natural disasters.

Amy said...

wow! what a storm! great lightening shots.

kim said...

Those lightening shots are amazing!!! I now have a new goal in life :)