If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Croatia: Hvar Island

A few years ago I read an article in National Geographic Adventure about Croatia and how it's a beautiful place to travel. I was instantly hooked. Little did I know that when I married Jared he would be giving me a chance to travel the world.

After a day in Split we took a boat to Hvar island for from relaxation. Now we can say we've swam in the Adriatic Sea. It was beautiful and so was the weather. We ran into a lady who asked if we needed a place to stay. She had a friend who had rooms in her house right downtown for $50 a night. So we took it.



Jared, thinking about it....



Hvar




View of the harbor from our balcony.




People and restaurants just stick nets in the harbor to catch sea life. This guy caught an octopus. It was sad to see it suffering on the stone path.



Walking up to the castle.






Going down the prison cells.



At least they had windows!



Hvar...and Jared's head.



My Grandmother S. once told me in high school that I have nice feet. I'd like to think that they're one of my positive physical qualities. The only souvenir I brought home was part of a sea urchin in my foot which was removed by a nice British doctor today.


One night we walked to the furthest part of the island that we could without, ahem, trespassing...well kind of, to watch the sunset. We might have been in someone's backyard.




Jared got a rock in this shot.


These guys were soooo funny. They were zooming around trying to catch fish with their net.


Jared finding an alternative way our of the cove and making me nervous.


We rented a scooter one day and drove around the island. It was so beautiful.


4 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful place! I'll have to add it to my list of places to get to someday.

SwissMiss said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous pictures. It looks like Greece. How were the prices?

Amy said...

hopefully the room you rented wasn't like those prison cells :) What a beautiful place!

Laurie said...

That was amazingly beautiful. Oh my goodness, the things you're seeing! The world is so beautiful.
P.S. Don't know if you'll want to play, but I tagged you on my blog.