If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lausanne

Jared took off work on Monday and we headed down to the French part of Switzerland for the day. It was a beautiful day in Lausanne! After arriving via train we hiked up the hill to the cathedral and chateaux.





I love the contrast of the blue sky, white clouds and green tree in this photo.





We found another hill to hike with the mini theater on top. Jared and I each did a jig.




We sat here and read until a quick thunder storm passed through and rained us out.



Across the lake is France.



Jared had a headache so we thought we'd go on this at the little carnival going on down by the lake.



I've been wanting to go to Disneyland. I don't know why, I hate the place with all the people, stickiness, germs and junkfood. Yet, I have an affinity for it and have been wanting to go. I think I just miss America and D-land is America. Anyhow, going on this ride fulfilled my desire. It was fun and Jared's headaches was gone!


1 comment:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

beautiful beautiful landscape! I want to come visit so bad, but michael says it just isn't in the cards...mostly taking the time off:( we are headed to cali in july for the first time in 5 years! will you head back there in october? way to go to take advantage of traveling around the area!