If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Croatia: Zagreb and Split

Last Tuesday Jared and I hopped on a plane to Croatia. It is full of tons of history, castles and super nice and pleasant people. We really enjoyed ourselves and got lots of sun. We each got a book read and got to swim in the Adriatic Sea.

Wednesday morning we hopped out of bed and Jared let me join him on a run through the city of Zagreb.




Then we hopped on another plane to Split which is further south on the coast of Croatia.


We had a cute little apartment in the Old Town near the harbor. I kind of wish we had stayed there longer it was so darling.



I love the kitchen.



Especially the floor. I've decided I'm going to do random tiling in one of the bathrooms of our future house.



The sparkling water there had lots of "sparkle" just the way we like it.





Don't you think they have enough chocolate cereals.






SPLIT!




14 comments:

Amy said...

I don't think you can ever have too much chocolate cereal! We found a cereal at Target that is just like our favorite European kind....kind of a chocolate hazelnut granola...yum yum! Looks like a fun trip. I love how old everything is.

Molly and Jason said...

Did you know off the coast of Split is where they play water polo - in the ocean, there is a course marked off. AWESOME PLACE!! One of the best teams in the world - men's that is. I would love to go - jealous!!!!

bug girl said...

I have been to Zagreb and Split. In fact I had a very traumatic time in Split because of a very realistic nightmare one night in which my traveling companion and I were abducted and forced into prostitution. I think I sat up the whole night trying to figure out how to keep our abductors at bay if they were to try and force their way into our little soba (rented room). I felt helpless.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Croatia--wow! I'll probably never go there...how did you select that? I love the shot of the city around the lake.

April J. said...

My mom went to Croatia and your pictures make it look much nicer, although she went on a mini-service mission so I am sure the location was different

darcie said...

oh you and your world travels.

Julie said...

Looks awesome and I am glad you got some running in....impressive. Is that true about your friend being abducted? Creepy....I'm glad you didn't :)

m-l-e said...

YOU can NEVER have too much chocolate cereal, silly. Nor giant ties. what was that all about?

Amy McCown said...

Your trip looks like so much fun. We may have to put Croatia on our list. Yeah what is up with the huge tie?

bug girl said...

Whoops, I don't think I was very clear about it being a dream. I had a DREAM. I wasn't really abducted. It was a nightmare that woke me up and kept me up for a long while. Sorry everyone. So very sorry. Croatia is a great place to travel.

Charlotta-love said...

The tie on the side of the building is fun!

blueeyedfreckle said...

That giant tie was wonderfully random. Do you ever wake up and think "I can't believe this is really my life!" Because I would if I were you! You are so darn lucky to travel so much! Oh, and I did the random tiling thing in this lady's house I decorated in Utah. It looked VERY cool. Frustrating at times to do, but worth it in the end!

La Asistente said...

Really cool pics of two really cool people1 Keep it going....

Cynthia

brooklyn said...

split was dave and my favorite city in croatia (besides the little town i lived, kutina, in because i loved the people there). i'm jealous you are there! my other favorite was pula...but i bet hvar was similar. you're very lucky.