If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, May 19, 2008

A cloudy day in Luzern

It was a cloudy and rainy day in Zürich so we thought we'd get out of town...to another cloudy and rainy place...Luzern. However we had an indoor activity planned. The Transportation Museum. Although we like to save money on local transportation and walked to the museum from the main station we were lucky not to get rained on. The clouds looked angry that day my friend. There were still some beautiful grays.





Two people I thought of while I was at the museum. My Father and my nephew Johnny. Both are avid train enthusiast. Johnny also has a passion for airplanes.



The Swiss were big innovators of train transportation and are serious about punctuality.


For those of you who know me well, you know that I love cars. I'll take one:
Aston Martin





and a Ferrari


Thanks to bicycles for helping liberate woman from dresses. Notice in the photo that all the men are bowing down to the woman.





Here's Jared trying to ride a bicycle where the handlebars turns the wheel the opposite way. I didn't do so well with it.


More shots of Luzern. The layout is similar to Zürich with a river dividing the city.



Looks like someone added a person to the bicycle also:)

6 comments:

Senja said...

alice, i totally love your new haircut! really cute :)

bug girl said...

It seems like you are going to really exotic places every weekend. I get so jealous. Then I tell myself, it's as if you are in Hayward traveling to Castro Valley, San Leandro, Oakland, SF, Half Moon Bay, Fremont...Only in your part of the world the neighboring cities have castles and canals and cool museums...a far cry from the Bay Area. I should try talking up all the little farming communities surrounding Logan and make you jealous.

I agree about the hair, very cute.

Laura said...

I was in Luzern briefly a few years ago. I got mad that everything closed at like 4pm. Maybe that's normal for Switzerland.

brooklyn said...

is there anywhere in europe that is not breathtakingly gorgeous?! tell me it's just your pictures so i don't feel like i was born in the wrong part of the world.

The Bec-ster said...

Awesome pictures! So much fun!
I think the parking sign!

It is hard to imagine another part of the world so beautiful with castles. I got to visit a few on my mission in Germany but nothing like the ones you are seeing!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that looks like so much fun, my kids would LOVE it! i love your short hair:)