If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sunday Excursion

On Sunday after sleeping in until 11am we got dressed and decided to walk around the city. Jared showed me of some places that he remembered when he was here in March. It was a beautiful sunny day:)
[P.S. There will be a million shots of Jared and I like this before we're 84 yrs old, the with us together and my arm outstretched. Maybe I'll do a montage one day when we're 50.]

This is the pedestrian bridge that Jared crosses on the way to work every day. I run up and down the stairs this morning to work off the chocolate that I ate last night...and just now. Good thing I have a lot of errands to do now which will involved lots of walking.

A church that we went inside.


A beautiful Agapantha blue building.

I love the different colored shudders.

Here's a Cadillac from New Mexico...in Zürich. It must be a pain to find parking.


An "Old Inn" that is indeed old.


Jared made some friends on our walk;)

Pastries.


That look like mini hamburgers.


I packed us some lunches and we sat along the East side of the lake to eat them. It was a beautiful view of the city.


Jared made another friend:)


And some more. He is very lovable.


Before we came to Switzerland I told Jared that I was determined to find a Merry-Go-Round. (They are my favorite.) Well the 3rd day we were here we stumbled upon one. Jared promised to bring me back:)

4 comments:

Emma said...

I love the pictures, Alice.....keep up the posts. Sorry we haven't been able to connect yet. what is the time difference between us, anyway??

Meredith said...

Hamburger pastries: These are fabulous...especially the pistachio ones. When/if you come to Paris we'll get them at Ladurée (they invented them, plus they did all the food sets for the movie Marie Antoinette, so the presentation is spectacular). The black currant flavor is also quite scrumptious.

Fountains in Switzerland: That fountain in Zürich looks exactly like the one in Geneva. Only, from your pictures it seems that there is much more to do in Zürich than visit the fountain; whereas in Geneva, unfortunately, there's really only the fountain (unless you are looking to open a Swiss bank account and then you will be pleased to find lots of banks in Geneva...Baptiste and I saw this random, yet huge bank called Banque de Jakob Kafra and Baptiste turned to me and said, "I bet Jakob Kafra has more money in his bank than the entire Banque de France. He's probably right. Those darn Swiss and their banks!)

PS: Have you tried the marzipan coated chocolate bars yet. TO-DIE-FOR...and you can only get them in Switzerland!! Eat at least 25 for me.

Jenna said...

I LOVE your pictures. Thanks for sharing them in such a timely fashion. It feels like I am already there - almost. It is 95 degrees here, so not quite Zurich weather.

What have you been cooking for dinner in that mysterious microwave?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

hamburger pastries are cool! fun to see all your shots around the area.