If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, October 5, 2007

Hallo Zürich!

Here are some darling apartments near the place we are temporarily staying. Aren't they just so beautiful and full of character? I have fallen in love with every little bit of Zürich so far. Except for the smoking. I think I might have lung cancer by the end of our stay here.



Here's the studio we are temporarily staying in until we find a place to stay. I kind of like the painting on the wall.


Here's our sleek kitchen! The refrigerator is small and must be stocked for Jared who eats all the time. (Who knows how he keeps his figure.) So I must shop ever other day. It's the European way.


I LOVE the tub. It's so deep.



Um...would you know what this all meant on a microwave if you saw it? Well those manuals for electronics come a several languages for a reason. That is so a certain pair who move to Switzerland and don't know the language yet can figure out how to use it without blowing up the apartment;)

3 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I wanna come! I can't wait to see all of your fun creativity projects and about your travels.

Meredith said...

Alice,

You have a bathtub? You are surely living the high life! (every French house I have ever visited usually has either a shower or a smallish bathtub, but never both and never one so deep!). Maybe we should come to Zurich instead of you coming to Paris.

Meredith said...

OH! Speaking of not understanding the symbols for household appliances and electronics...remind me to tell you the story of our microwave that also happened to be a grill (who knew they even made a 2-in-1 like that!? I did not know until AFTER I used it and almost burned down our historic 15th century Parisian apartment building...seriously, the oldest building in Paris was one block away...I had to scrub the black from all the smoke off the walls!). I never ended up figuring the darn thing out. That's when we started eating from the falafel stand down the street almost every day.