If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Farmers market Zürich style

Yesterday morning I walked downtown and hit up the farmers market. Now in California we were very spoiled with fresh fruits and vegetables year around. Especially when I had a Farmer's Market a block from our apartment every Thursday. Well Zürich has a very nice one with lots of yummy fruits and vegetable and pastries...for a price though. Lots of the people only spoke Swiss-German, plus they pick out things for you. So I kind of just had to point and show with my hands how much I wanted. It was pretty amusing to them I bet.

Tonight I am making a soup out of all the things I bought. Squash, champagne mushrooms, green onions, red peppers, and I threw in some tomato paste, cream, cayenne pepper, basil, garlic, rosemary and water. I sated he vegetable and had to microwave the squash to soften it up since I don't have an oven in this apt. Right now the soup is stewing and we'll see what the taste tester thinks when he gets home from work. The goat cheese will go in the salad with pears, cranberries, some nuts that I roasted the other day and spinach:)


Mushrooms

Cheese (I got some goat cheese. How did I know it was goat cheese? There was a picture of a goat on the packaging.)


FLOWERS!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aHAHAHA - you wrote you were making SOAP at first and I was thinking, 'wow, what kind of soap is that? it sounds like the kind i would try to eat in the shower!' But then I read it was a SOUP. Ah, makes much more sense. Perhaps you should wash your hair in it?

Jenny said...

I love all the flowers. Isn't it so fun exploring a new city. One of my favorite things to do when I was traveling was to get a map of whatever city we were visiting and explore!!! I love maps! Enjoy. I'm trying really hard not to be jealous.

Tanya D said...

Yum - I wish I was eating your dinner tonight instead of my leftovers.