If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New friends and beautiful paintings


Today I went to Kunsthaus to see the latest exhibit. They were showing Félix Vallotton. It was an amazing exhibit. His portraits of himself and of the woman were amazing. The way he captured a true woman's form. He also had paintings that told stories with subtle lighting and objects placesd discretely throughout the painting.

I also met three Spooglers (spouses of Googlers.) It was a lot of fun to chat and relate stories and hear about the countries they are from, Hungary, Germany. There was one woman who is Italian and grew up in Brazil and has lived in NYC for the past 10 yrs. We instantly connected because I LOVE NYC!










Here is one of my favorite paintings that was in the exhibit.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That is so fun to meet other spouses. At the office here we named ourselves wooglers - wife of a googler.

How far is that museum from your temp. apartment?

Did you roller skate too?

Cristy said...

Ah! You're so far away! And yet we all have blogs so it's about the same as when you were in the country... What a grande adventure for you two! I like those paintings too... I wish I had more time for Art, but am too busy with projectile vomit in the supermarket, kids sprouting their first teeth, and camping out with the kids in the living room for a wild friday night! Luckily I have artists friends who keep me filled in!