If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, October 26, 2007

SCRABBLE

Jared and I have been addicted to Scrabble lately. It's always been a favorite along with Boggle. We've been playing each other online. However, in our temporary housing the connection can sometimes be slow. So, I searched high and low yesterday for a cheap scrabble game. Only to find when we started playing that it's a German Scrabble game, meaning some letters are of different values than the American version. Plus they have an ä and ü. We thought it would be a great idea to get out and play Scrabble on the tram. So we hopped on the #9 and rode it to the end and back while getting in a full game last night.



Doesn't Jared look super mischeivious?










We're having fun.




Playing on the train.













Who's gonna win? Well, Jared did. By 1 point. That's only because I told him about the rule where who ever has letters left they have to subtract them from his score. Then he was determined to get rid of all his letters so I had to subtract my points. Well, when this guy is determined to do something, he accomplishes it. I wish I never mentioned that rule.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Baptiste and I have French Scrabble, which is really fun (especially because I usually play it with a dictionary). However, we don't have a travel-sized version. It would be kind of funny to take the whole huge thing and play it on the metro. Only, I don't know about the trains in Zürich, but the Paris metro is so bumpy that the pieces would probably go flying everywhere...which could potentially add to the fun.

Tanya D said...

considering the swiss don't even like talking on the trams, they must have thought ya'll were crazy :) keep it up!

Charlotta-love said...

I've been playing a game of Scrabble via Facebook for a few weeks now. I'll have you know I'm winning!