If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, October 1, 2007

Okra Festival in S.C.

Saturday morning Jared got up to run the "Dam Run" which is a 10k run across the dam which dams up Lake Murray, the lake Jared's family lives on. The race started off the Okra Festival in Irmo, SC. Of course Jared finished 1st in his age group and 4th overall with a 6 min avg. pace. His words the night before, "I really haven't run that much lately, I hope I do ok." As we all roll our eyes knowing he'll whip everyone's butts anyway.

Some of us headed over to watch the parade with lots of lulls between floats and dancers. This is one of the highlights, a giant Okra man.



Here's Krista thinking, "I'm too old for this."













Genean kept having to chase Oa around the place.





Here's the artsy-fartsy lady and he whimsical garden art.








Jared and sweet little Oa.



When I asked Jared and Krista how they liked their fried Okra, this was their response.










This guy is dressed just right for the Okra festival.

2 comments:

kim said...

Alice in Wonderland! I was so excited to see the link to your page from Pam's! And congrats on the wedding and move to Switzerland--so fun! Sounds like life is treating you well.

Come check out our blog sometime when you get a chance:)
www.nuttyfam.blogspot.com

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Michael & Jared would get along so well.