If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Swiss Style


For Halloween Jared and I went to a Google party. Well, we didn't dress up because I prefer to put together a homemade costume and they don't really have those resources here, that I know of. Plus, we couldn't think of anything clever to be and the Halloween shops around here were something like this, a little plain mask that covered your eyes...12 CHF. Nope not buying that. The prices got worse from there.

Anyhow, we swung by the party for a bit and chatted with some Googlers and danced a bit and got a few "non-alcoholic" beverages. The bartender called my drink, fizzy with some yummy. I told him to make me something yummy with some sparkle ohne (without) alcohol.

OK, getting to the picture, there weren't any sweets or candy at the party. So Jared and I left and went on the hunt. We stopped at the Haupt Bahnhof (Main Train Station) where the stores are open late and picked up some sweets. To my amazement, the king size Twix here comes in one long stick. I was excited about that. I do miss all of the "mini" candy that they sell in the states around Halloween. Mini Twix, mini Snickers, and best of all the mini boxes of Nerds. I used to get the 1/2 price bags of candy the day after Halloween and hop up my students on sugar for the rest of the week. Halloween just isn't the same here. As my Mother always said, "You can't go trick-or-treating unless you're dressed up." I guess that is why we didn't have luck finding the best of sweets, we weren't dressed up.

2 comments:

April J. said...

I may trade the mini candy bars for one of those awesome size twix bars. That looks like you night actually feel you ate something! Happy Halloween!

Cristy said...

OOOOOO... on long twix?! Awesome. No switching to the other one to slow you down! Yea, my blood sugar level is officially off the charts today, and my 3 year old is off the wall!