If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Flat Cookies


Every time I make cookies they turn out flat. (I even had the special oven fan on to make them fluff up.) I actually really don't like making cookies. I hate doing the batches. The cookies are more concave than flat. They giant craters in them. Jared loves cookies and I love Jared so I'm trying to master them to show my appreciation. He says he likes them flat...but I still wonder if that's really the truth.


See that stack of 6 concave cookies? Well, it's ~2 in. high. (I might be exaggerating.)

6 comments:

Tanya D said...

Yep, all us expats have flat cookies due to the high-fat butter they have here (my current theory). You have to whip that butter like a mad woman when you're creaming it with the sugar. A little more flour can help too. They look yum anyway :)

Jenny said...

I prefer flat cookies.

brooklyn said...

flat cookes are by far the best!

April J. said...

They look yummy! It seems we were on the same page fpr baking cookies.

Genean said...

I was of the flat-cookie-woman variety (as opposed to the venerable eight-cow-woman) for years before a friend clued me in to her tip: add a little more flour. Good luck!

kim said...

My favorite cookie recipe that we just found is from Cook's Illustrated--best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had, and they have a trick that makes them not turn out flat. Recipe is posted on my blog (I think sometime back in July or August) if you're interested. They definately impressed my hubby :)