If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

7 Things Most People Don't Know About Me

1. When I was little, up until I got married like Jenny I slept with something. A pink (even though I was never too fond of the color) raggedy blanket I got when I was born. I called it my "nigh-nigh" because that's what we said when we were going to bed. It's boxed up somewhere. Jared replaced it.

2. When I was ~ 8 I used to think that government spies were trying to poison me so I was really weary of anything that I ate. I always took a close look at my food and would sample it and wait a bit before eating the rest to see if I passed out. Then it dawned on my one day, "Why would spies want to kill a little 8 yr old girl." After that, the paranoia subsided.

3. I always cheated at "Heads up 7-Up." I looked at the persons shoes and then I could guess who it was who tapped my thumb. The other kids were always so awed that I was amazing at the game. I was very innocent seeming as a child.

4. In 1st grade kick-ball I didn't know where to go after 3rd base. My reasoning was that you started at home plate so you can't go there again. All the boys who always picked me for their team (because I was fast and such a great kicker) would get so mad. I finally asked my older brother where you go after 3rd base, he said you go to home plate to complete the circle. That made sense.

5. When I was 5 or 6 I engraved my younger brother Sam's name in our VW Vanagon. I hope he didn't get into too much trouble.

6. When I was 7 I stole a lollipop and lipstick from Hello Kitty. I had no remorse.

7. In 7th grade I had the worst potty mouth ever. I swore up a storm. Then I realized it got me into trouble with the bad kids and then I stopped. That was the year I dyed my hair with red Kool-aid. Yup, BRIGHT RED!!! Those were the 10 hole Doc Martin rocker chic, head banger, flannel wearing days which turned into skater style then later to my late 50's early 60's style which Mr. Dwyer my 10th grade US History teacher tagged me as looking like. The Vans still stuck. (That was when my mother was probably happy that I was wearing girls clothes, my Vans were always guys because the girls were dumb looking.)

Now I tag...Pam...oh that would be a joy to find our her secrets. DO IT PAM DO IT!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I sure wish I could have known you as a child. You sound like such a fun child to raise! Bless you Christine for surviving!!!

Cristy said...

Ah, the funny thing is, I'm not even surprised by these things. I would expect no less from you. And as for being poisoned, I always wanted to be a spy, and I would have poisoned an 8 year old girl, especially if she looked at my shoes while playing heads up up! CHEATER! ;) I always thought the game was just a conspiracy by the teachers to get us to put our heads down and be silent.

Anonymous said...

didn't we all cheat on heads up 7 up!

kim said...

LOL--you have always been such a fun person! And so brave to let all your secrets out;)

Pam said...

What? Who? Me? Do I have to? What will happen if I don't? You can't make me. Okay, okay, I'll do it.

blueeyedfreckle said...

I think this is my favorite "things you may not have known about me" list have ever read. So funny, so Alice. I dyed my hair with red Kool-Aid in 7th grade too! Oh the phases of Middle and High School...