If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, November 5, 2007

Our Zürich Apartment

I know most of you have been waiting in anticipation for photos of our apartment here in Zürich. We had to unpack and make it look decent before I could take photos. Here are the 6 flights of stairs that I climb several times a day. The key is to don't look up and just do it. (Click on the photo to make it larger.)



This is our entry way.



Here is the kitchen. Equipped with a microwave/crisper/steamer. I think we'll just be using the microwave portion.


Here is our dining room/parlor/computer room/clothes drying area. (Funny story. Yesterday we had some of Jared's co-workers over for lunch and as one of them was climbing the stairs I realized at the last moment that our underwear was hanging out to dry from the previous day. I grabbed it all and threw them under the covers of our bed in the nick of time before the first guest finished ascending the stairs. So, I guess those many flights of stairs do come in handy;)


Bedroom with a slanted ceiling which Jared whacks is arm on occasionally.



Our extra room which I will be painting in and where our guests will be staying. I often stare out the windows in the afternoon and enjoy the views.



Our bathroom. Notice the jet tub. Yes, I am loving it. Jared not so much, he has to squat to take a shower with the hand held thingie.



I like our blue bubble toilet seat cover.



I am also intrigued by the see through sink:)

4 comments:

Tanya D said...

So cute. I'll bet you get great light with those slanted attic windows. The sink is my favorite part.

Genean said...

It's great to envision where you guys are. Thanks for posting the pics!

kim said...

That looks like a great place!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i guess the upside of 6 flights of stairs is a great view...i love your slanted/wood ceilings, very fun. love the clear sink, too