If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, November 26, 2007

Paris in November

Twelve years ago my family took a trek to France in November to pick up my older brother Jeremy from his mission. We spent Thanksgiving in Paris. Jared and I decided to meet up with my friend Meredith who I knew from the Tonga study abroad program at BYU and her husband Baptiste who is French and saved us several times with the language since my French isn't so great. Meredith and Baptiste were the perfect guides because they had previously lived in Paris and were fluent in the History of every building we came upon. It was amazing.

A well thought out agenda:
Eat pastries dripping with butter and delicious hocho
Notre Dame
Saint Chapelle
Crepes for lunch
Louvre
Monet
Arch De Triumph
Dinner w/ Frois Grois
Candy
bed
Delicious breakfast
Versailles
baguette for lunch
Pompidou
Montmarte
Merry-Go-Round
hocho in big mall w/ Christmas tree
Eiffel Tower
yummy Galletes for dinner
exhaustion

We climbed the towers of Notre Dame to see the bell. Jared got a little shaken up.
















We mimicked Rodin's "The Kiss" one of my favorite sculptures.

Instead of battling the Disneyland like crowds at the Mona Lisa we took photos of people taking photos at the Louvre. Thank goodness for Meredith and her knowledge of the Louvre like the back of her hand.













We climbed many more stairs to the top of the Arch de Triumph and rewarded ourselves with good food and yummy candy.











At Versailles we walked the Hall of Mirrors with my Han Solo boots.


We wasted no time and zipped by metro (thank goodness the French stopped striking) and headed back to a beautiful day in Paris:)












We had baguette sandwiches by the fountain in front of the Pompidou.



I was happy to see some scissor art at the Pompidou












We headed to Montmarte.



We caught a beautiful view of Paris and a sunset.







And rode on the Merry-Go-Round featured in the movie "Amelie."











All four of us squeezed into the packed metro with our vending machine candy and headed to the Eiffel tower


Where we wandered around in awe of the architecture and size




What a wonderful, exhausting, tasty weekend with super fun(ny) people.









To see more photos double click below:



5 comments:

Cristy said...

Rrrrrrr..... I mean, Yay for you guys! Rrrrrrr.....

Hahaha, no seriously, I'm so glad you guys got together and it sounds like the day was, well, classic. :)

Mary said...

Hi Alice,

I have actually been enjoying your blog for a month now and thought I should inform you. I found you through Mimi's blog. Don't worry- you know me and I'm not a creep-o. Promise. This is Emily's little sister. Hope all is well. Let me know if you guys ever take a trip to London.

brooklyn said...

what an awesome way to spend the weekend! thanks for the vicarious jaunt. it's the best to have local friends!

Jenna said...

WOW!!!!!

It looks like the four of you had an amazing time.

What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiiving weekend.

blueeyedfreckle said...

Jealousy Jealousy Jealousy. I can't handle all of it.