If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The crib is up!

We've done some rearranging in the nursery/office to accommodate that little guy inside who kicks like he's in a swimming race. Also Jared put up the crib. It made me ever more excited. We got in on clearance which was great! I didn't want one of those new boxy modern cribs. I wanted something sturdy to last through at least 8 children and had a sidebar that came down so a certain grandmother didn't have to bend over to pick up her grandchildren. Plus those cribs were just so expensive.

I like this one because it's a bit old fashioned and super sturdy and just looks good!





Thanks lovey!

I started on the dresser. We got it off craigslist last summer and it's the perfect height to double as a changing table. I had to take out the tacky hardware and fill in the holes to put in my own knobs. This week I'll be sanding, priming and painting. I'll post photos when I'm done:)

6 comments:

Genean said...

Yay! It's beautiful. It's official: now the baby can come, since you guys have a carseat and crib.

kim said...

That is a beautiful crib. I haven't seen the boxy, modern ones before--they just don't look like they fit with all the softness that is a baby.

Jeremy and Constance Petty said...

Alice the crib is beautiful!!!!

Cristy said...

What a great crib! And smart to invest in a sturdy one with the first. We got an el cheapo one and it broke after just my son. Natalie had to use a pack N play until we saved up enough to invest in a sturdier one. The one we have now is great, and will be one I can pass on to someone else and be used for a long time.

blueeyedfreckle said...

love the crib and can't wait to see the dresser! abuot the mobiles...look on Etsy, there are all different ones. not all are very cool, but they can help for ideas on how you want to construct it and what kind of materials you could use!

oh and you are planning to have 8 kids????

Laurie said...

LOVE this crib!