If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, April 3, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

This was my favorite book growing up. Everyone should buy it for their kids.





Then I saw that there was a movie coming out and I got so excited. Except after I watched the trailer.....not the same. They TOTALLY changed the story. The movie industry can be terribly disappointing.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I read this to my kids at LEAST once a week. Sometimes daily. We love it (my aunt introduced it to me when I was small). I just saw in the Scholastic book order that it was going to be a movie and I was excited. But upon seeing that trailer, I share your sentiment. What's wrong with the REAL story. Gah. They shouldn't make all books into movies. Have you seen the "Where the Wild Things Are" trailer? That one looks bitchin.

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVED this one when I was little!

Tanya D said...

I love this book and so does Max but that movie looks terrible.

bug girl said...

Good thing I never read the book because then I won't be disappointed. The movie looks kind of fun...but not one I will watch in a theater, it should be an after school special om TV.

azurerocket said...

Oh, I loved this book! I'll have to dig it up next time I'm at my mom's house.

-Kath, the non-creepy blog stalker (I promise! I came over from Heather Bailey's blog - you have a talent for writing interesting posts!)