If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fisher Price Little People

Last week I heard that the Fisher Price Little People had their 50th anniversary. I don't like the new little people. Not as cute. I love the old actual "little" little people who are bald and have their hair painted on. They're also perfect for a little person to stick on their finger. They were discontinued because of a choking hazard. Well guess what, we all survived playing with them and there are plenty of choking hazards. Of course I'll save these for when our baby gets older.

Anyhow, I decided to browse craigslist for some vintage little people. Well I scored. This woman who lived about 15 mins away was selling all of these for $50. I did some research on the internet and found that some people were selling just one set for just that. They were going for up to $60 and $70 bucks just for the airport on ebay. It was a steal so I jumped on it.


Downtown




Schoolyard




Airport




Barn


Now when my friends bring their own "little people" over, they'll have something to play with:)

11 comments:

Tanya D said...

That is awesome!!! I'm so jealous. The new little people totally creep me out.

Letterpress said...

I saved my kids' sets as well (well, technically I think they're Peter's) and all my grandkids love playing with them too. Alex comes right in the house and beelines for the sack that holds them all.

Agreed-the new ones are ick.

You really scored on this one. I also liked your chain (save the last link for the baby book) and all the reminscing you've done lately with the old photos.

Fun to read!
Elizabeth

blueeyedfreckle said...

can't believe how many posts of your I've missed! But um, love that you bought vintage little people. I LOVED those when I was little, and totally owned the barn and airport. So cool!

kt said...

soooo jealous!

Julie said...

I love the "old" little people. What a deal you got!
Love your belly shots with your friend.

Laurie said...

You DID score! Looking at your toys brought back memories. We had a lot of those. Yours are in fantastic condition!

I read your comment on Kristen's blog about the lovely comments people make. Hang in there. I have no idea what the deal is with people thinking that your pregnant body is free game for disparaging remarks, but I would get them ALL THE DAMN TIME! ESPECIALLY the, "When are you due? WHAT? Not for another three months? You look like you're ready to pop right now? Are you SURE you're not having more than one?" And that's when I picked up my swearing habit.

darcie said...

those are in mint condition!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

uh oh, hold Laurie back....My mom kept all her vintage and my kids play with it when they go to her house. You did score, cute cute stuff!

The Barb Chronicles said...

I love those little people, my mom has all the old ones and my kids lOVE them. So fun, are you and Jared playing with them at night? Hee hee

Laura said...

I loved the barn. It would moo when you opened the doors.

azurerocket said...

That is a steal! My mom collects the ones we didn't have growing up on eBay, but I think she still needs the airport. She did let me have the Tudor house I got for my second birthday because she found a replacement. My daughter loves it.