If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, March 20, 2009

Tea Parties are always fun!

I found the tea party photos and with some extra effort trying to view them my genius husband fixed it for me.

I love tea parties. My friends and I had one in High School after the prom so we could wear our prom dresses again. I couldn't find the photos. For one of my bridal showers my friends gave me an "Alice in Wonderland" tea party. Then when I left Switzerland my other friends threw me a "Very Merry Un-Birthday" tea party. (I've got great friends everywhere!)

Anyhow, the weather was looking great so I invited some of my new friends (and one cousin) and their kids to have a tea party at my house. After finding a time (w/ pre-school and nap schedules) we started planning.

I got up earlier than usual (6am) to get in my morning swim and then made scones and got things ready. The day was beautiful!







My cousin Emily and her cutie pie!


Dana and her little one who live down the hall.



Sarah and her precious munchkin.



Kirsha, and her baby was chillin', well not really chillin' but hanging out with lots of movement on the floor.


We set the kids up with their own tea set.


All in all it was a success, despite the several escape attempts by the three year olds. They actually made it out to the street. No one fell off the balcony or cracked their head open on one of our sharp corners. Yes, we have established that our place is definitely not baby proof. But we still have a while to worry about that!

6 comments:

The Reebs' said...

Im so jealous! Ive always wanted to have a tea party, un-birthday or not, it sounds like you guys had a fun time! Where'd you get all your tea sets? Dang, I was a dumb child...I collected pencils instead of tea sets like I should have. Hope your pregnancy is going well, you're almost to the end right?? We just went and heard the heartbeat today for the first time...so cool. You are not alone when it comes to feeling fat and thick and like nothing looks flattering on you (I added that part, that's what the reality is) Glad to know you found some dresses at my all-time fave splurge, Anthropologie. I'll have to check it out...spring/summer is the perfect time to wear something flowy when you're feeling frumpy:) Keep updating, I wanna know when it's getting to be that time!

Meredith said...

I love tea parties too! I love these photos. Your tea cups are so great :)

I used to host little Anne of Green Gables style tea parties for my friends in jr. high (without serving raspberry cordial--of course!). So fun!

blueeyedfreckle said...

You are the cutest! I wish I could attend one of your adorable little tea parties!

Laurie said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great way to have a party.

You asked about the rolly toy of my kids'. I got it at Target in their toy section by the seasonal toys. {It was a Target brand toy} The pictures are of it's maiden run. Kids had a blast.

Katie said...

What a great idea to have a tea party! I haven't had one in years. It looks like you had so much fun! xoxoxo

Dana said...

I can't stop thinking about those tasty scones!!! I'm going to make them this weekend I've decided. That was a fun party!