If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Academy of Science

Last Saturday Jared and I went to visit the newly remodeled California Academy of Sciences. I gave Jared a membership for his birthday. It was an interesting mix of people, and fish. Some of the overheard conversations were appalling. I can't believe what little foundation a lot of people have in the sciences. I mean even with my low-end Hayward education, I still felt that I had a solid foundation in science. Except, I thought it was hilarious how I got first place in the science fair and was sent to the Academy of Sciences in S.F. to compete in the regional fair my senior year of high school. That was the last time I had been. Anyhow, the hilarious part is that I did my project the night before. What was it you ask? "What effect does temperature have on the bounce of a rubber bouncy ball?" If you freeze it, the ball will bounce slightly higher.

Anyhow, the most horrid thing that I heard all day was, "We are definitely not coming back here, because they charge $4 for a hot dog, mama to not get a membership." Oh the nerve! HA HA I can't even believe they sell hot dogs there. I guess it caters to the younger crowd and...well most of America who don't know how to eat decent food. We brought our own lunch.



On a lighter note, did you know that scorpions existed 450 Millions years ago? Fascinating!




In the "save our planet" area I actually did learn something new. That we go through millions of chopsticks a year and there's a new movement to get reusable ones. Well, just to let you know, for our chopstick challenge we are using plastic ones...that may or may not have belonged to a restaurant at some point;)



I loved these guys, swimming around.



Awesome jellyfish.



Hello handsome:)



Did you know they have whales here too? No, actually that's me. But I feel like one.


Anaconda!



Walking through Golden Gate Park on the way back to our car.




Brief stop at the beach. Oh I love NorCal!





Smooch, smooch and then we're on our way:)

4 comments:

Genean said...

Wow, did you run into Stephen Fowler?

blueeyedfreckle said...

Looks so pretty there! And you don't look like a whale. OH and I think it IS hilarious that you did so well on a science project done the night before! If only they knew!

ps. It IS cute if my cute little bebe and I have semi-matching dresses. and they will be super cool dresses. COme On!!!!

Pam said...

We just had our science fair yesterday. My son was so happy that he got a participation ribbon...I haven't broken the news to him yet that he didn't actually win.

If I had enough time I would write a book entitled "Musings of a First Time Science Fair Mom"

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a good sport your husband is to do a self portrait with a kiss.