If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, March 23, 2009

Addicted to Water

I drink so much water everyday. Mostly because I'm addicted, but also because it's good for my skin and the baby. Anyhow, over the past month I've also been addicted to swimming. It literally takes a load off. I always grew up swimming since we had a community pool in our neighborhood. But, I didn't do it competitively until my Junior year of HS. I started out in track but after being fed up with shin splints and the coercing of several friends I switched to swimming. I enjoyed doing the IM (fly/back/breast/free) as an event. I always had a really great pike start, but when it came to the breaststroke I got behind. I just don't have a good breaststroke. I still do it because it's great for my thighs.

Anyhow, no matter what, rain or shine I'm in the pool every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. It feels so great. I just do 7 sets of 12, which ends up being 1 1/3 miles. Since the sun has started to come up earlier now it's so beautiful to swim with the rays shining through the water. I am back to smelling like chlorine again.




Al the other girls on the swim team would lather up with self tanner for proms to cover up their tan line. I flaunted mine.

Senior Prom



Junior Prom

3 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

you did the IM??? The fly stroke is so hard, you are one strong cookie. I always did 100 breast because I loved that I got to come up for a breath each time:) And I love the prom photos! Oh and I am jealous that you get to go swim laps 3 times a week!

Cristy said...

I'm so glad it's finally warm enough for you to swim! It made my last pregnancy so much better during that last trimester.

Meredith said...

Yay for swimming! Oh, and LOVE those prom dresses! Some days I wish I still had a reason/occasion to dress up like that...