If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Saturday, March 1, 2008

New York City in Feb '08

For the past week I left my darling love (which was very painful) and flew to the land of toilet seat covers and no smoking in restaurants. I had to work out visa issues (ARGH) and got to see my mama and my friend Casey's art show in SOHO. Casey is the one who took over my old job teaching art.

I landed on a beautiful day. My sister picked me up from EWR and zipped me off to NJ Transit so I could go into the city to meet up with my mother for the show.




Casey's show was at the Drawing Center in one of my favorite parts of town.


It's always fun to see friends when you live so far away. It was great because Casey and his wife Amanda didn't know I was coming. I love surprising people.





Discussing art.


Jared Clark siting.



I flew in he perfect day because we woke up to many inches of snow the next morning. Since I was on Zürich time I work up at 6am, threw on my boots and went out for a donut.



Later mom and I trekked through the snow to visit galleries and the Met.



This is along Central park.


I had to make my mark.


All a glow!

4 comments:

bug girl said...

What a great place to go visit, and you got to see all kinds of friends and family. How fun! I am jealous that you got to also see a siting of Jared Clark, those have been rare. I thought he was in Mexico.

brooklyn said...

Oh man, I'm jealous, too. We thought we were going to be there for Casey's show then realized it was a month earlier than we thought. I'm sure it was awesome.

Julie said...

I love your mark in the snow. I bet you had some super yummy food. We went against your advice and ate the licorice in 1 sitting.....opps. Thanks!!!!

blueeyedfreckle said...

I am going there in a couple weeks, yeah!! Love that place:) So cool that Casey had a show in SOHO!!!! And Jared Clark was there? Looks like it was fun!