If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lugano and sun

This week our first visitors came! It was great, Mike and Ryan who were Jared's roommates before we got married which were basically my roommates also because I practically lived at Jared's place when we were dating. They came baring gifts of Girl Scout cookies and a new iPod for Jared because his has been misplaced somewhere.

The day after they arrived I took hem down to Lugano for the day. It's the Italian part of Switzerland. Oh the glory of the sun. It was wonderful to see the clear blue sky and soak in some vitamin D.



It was spring in Lugano, (something Zürich hasn't caught onto yet.)





I love these trees.


First stop after checking out the lake was food. We thought that it was hilarious that Mike's pizza which he ordered with 4 toppings came with all toppings segregated. As if it had been ordered for 4 kids who each got to choose their own topping.




We went up this mountain to see a 360° view of the region.






A little tribute to George Washington. So random.






SUN!





Mike having fun with a sculpture.



For more photos click below.

2 comments:

Senja said...

Alice!! These photos are so amazing! The new camera totally takes beautiful and clear pictures.

And you two look so cute and happy together! :)

Kristina said...

I went to Lugano on a choir tour back in 2003. It was one of my favorite places! So gorgeous!!! Looks like you're enjoying yourself. I'll try to send some sunshine your way :)

~ Kristina