If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, March 14, 2008

Death of an iPod

The saddest thing happened the other day. My iPod died. It was given to me from the coolest and most generous people in the world, Barbara and Scott. I babysat their kids and eventually moved in with them because they are just so cool. (Barbara used to say, "someday you're going to get married and your husband is going to whisk you away to another country and we'll never see you again." ) Well, it happened. They were always big fans of Jared even when we were just good friends. She was always nudging me, "What about Jared." I'd always reply, "aaaaahhhh, we're just good friends, we would never work." Little did I know.

Anyhow, it has lasted me a good 3.5 years. Good thing I already retrieved my music off of it thanks to cnet, and that I have a shuffle as a backup for running. But, I loved it because plugging it into the car I had a huge range of music to listen to. I loved putting 5,000 songs on shuffle, it would be Rage Against the Machine to Gershwin, to Beastie Boys to the soundtrack from Lawrance of Arabia to Sigor Rós. Since Jared has misplaced his iPod we are down to 1 from 3. Hopefully all of the computers will stay in tact or else I will really die.


2 comments:

Senja said...

oh that sucks! But good that you have all the music on backup. Did you read what happened to me and my / our photos?

m-l-e said...

it really is rough going. LOVE that the little yellow birdy is in the background. hoorah!!