If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, March 17, 2008

Addiction to sweets

Jared and I both have an addiction to sweets. So I found this 7-day bearable detox diet online. We basically just can't eat meat, pasta, bread, dairy, eggs, sugar and salt for 7 days. So, it's fruits, veggies, nuts and fish for the week. We eat a lot of that anyway but on top of that we eat too many sweets. I started us off yesterday with stir fry and salmon with a lime/mustard with mint sauce. We did well and Jared is currently resisting the sweets that are everywhere at Google.


5 comments:

Senja said...

That looks really delicous. Mikael and I have been only eating vegetables and a little rice last week - no pasta and I can totally see the result.

Also, I haven't really had sweets for 3 weeks now. And I have decided that if I want sugar I am going to get some pastry or bake myself! :) Just so much more delicious!

kim said...

That stirfry looks delish! I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything either. Although I must admit, I have a huge sweet tooth and despite trying to eat better since the new year, I haven't been overly successful. Maybe I need to detox.

Julie said...

Yum. Maybe I should just hang out with you for the week. You have a lot more self control than me :)

Jenna said...

Like Julie said, you have the willpower that I don't!

The salmon looks really good!

Kevin said...

I was also addicted of sweets but in Weight loss process self control is most important. Instead of regular sweets you can take sugar free items.