If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, March 27, 2008

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Interlaken


When I get to the top of a mountain that is overwhelming with beauty I just want to sing out! The site was just over stimulation. We had the most perfect weather at the "top of the world."

Yesterday Jared took the day off and then headed to the Interlaken region with Mike, Ryan and I and we explored one of the most beautiful places in the world. I really wanted to see it in the winter. We are definitely going back in the spring/summer to do some hiking! We took about 7 trains/gondolas to get there but we had cards (to play hearts) and a wonderful view to enjoy on the way.




Here's the four of us taken with my one-arm extension self photo method.




Basking in the sun on our way up the mountain.



I took this while traveling up the mountain. I wish there was a breeze to make the flag blow.




We were literally standing on the edge of a ledge on slippery snow.


I felt like I was going to fall.



Birds flying above. Jared wondered what it would be like to be a bird living in the mountains there.




We went to the very top of Schilthorn.



Final elevation 3000 m (10,000 ft)



Gasping 360° views. Now is the time to be jealous.






I really love my husband!





Jared was so happy to not be working.





One of the many trains we took to get home.


I really loved this smoke stack. I caught it on the way back from Bern.

Click for more breathtaking views

7 comments:

Cristy said...

Awesome. Seriously, so cool!

Amy McCown said...

Love all of the pictures with the sun shining!

Meredith said...

Alice,
I think your smokestack is actually a nuclear power plant. They have those all over France. Does Suisse use nuclear power?

blueeyedfreckle said...

These photos luck unreal. So freaking gorgeous. Oh and I laughed out loud about the pizza!

Amy said...

ok, i'm totally and officially jealous.

April J. said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. What an experience to see so much.

kim said...

SO beautiful! I've seen Interlaken in the summer, but never winter--its gorgeous!!!!!