If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, December 2, 2007

In the spirit of Christmas

I haven't really been into decorating for the Holidays since I was little. It's just such a hassle. Getting all the decorations out and unwrapping the ornaments from the tissue paper and then hanging them up. Then the clean up after. The day after Christmas was BOOM!!!! NO MORE CHRISTMAS!!! Take everything down. You have to search the dried out tree for all of the ornaments and just hope that none were thrown out with the tree. Then carefully wrap and box them and try to puzzle the boxes into that corner closet upstairs and slam the door shut before they fall down on you.


However, we live in a big city (well relatively) and there's Christmas everywhere and I am getting into the spirit of things. As I started my Christmas shopping I eyed some fun ornaments to start our collection.





I really love this fat ballerina.


On Saturday Jared and I braved the crowds and rain to get some Christmas shopping done. As we were picking up something at the grocery store Jared noticed this giant loaf of Challah Bread. I thought it was traditionally an easter specific bread but apparently it's around on Jewish holidays.


People stand around to listen to these "bells" play, and the little people come out. Jared noticed, "I keep watching the bells very carefully but they're not moving."


There's a Christmas market in Railcity (the main train station) that we went to. Here's a giant Swarovski crystal tree. My wedding tiara is made out of this crystal. We got some really good crépes at the market also.



Zürich really knows how to light up.


Here I am again with silhouettes.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Everything looks gorgeous. I hope they don't take it all down before we get there.

Jenny said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!! Can't wait to see y'all

blueeyedfreckle said...

I love Challah. PB&J on Challah, nutella on Challah, ANYTHING on Challah. In Florida they have it year round, maybe because there is a large Jewish population here. Lucky me.