If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


Today is my mother's birthday.


She raised 4 independent thinkers (all are college grads)
2 boys
2 girls (both married)
2 grandsons
1 on the way, j/k

She is stylish, creative, an incredible cook, amazing artist, fun, wise, intelligent, obsessed getting the daily NY Times read, loves art, life, keeps up on the latest stocks, alway wears cool shoes, is a fast reader, taught me how to drive a stick shift, gives me lots of moral support in life, makes me laugh when I'm sad and has endured the loss of a husband. She gets along with all ages, never judges, and always defends the absent. She always knows how to find a a good deal whether it be on shoes or groceries. She likes Björk and can survive in any city in the world on nothing. My mother always looks on the bright side of life, making any personal disaster seem like loads of fun:)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I MISS her! I've thought of her as I've watched the week creep toward her day. She is a person who embodies the word "classy" in a way few people ever do. We should all be so lucky to know someone like her. And today, we should all make and eat something decadent to honor her existence. I am honored to call her friend. -Sarah H.

JH said...

Your Mom is awesome. I was super impressed the time I was able to hang out with her. And she does have style.

kim said...

You summed up your mom fabulously! Tell her Happy birthday :)