If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A weekend in Utah

Jared and I spent last weekend in Utah visiting grandparents and friends. It was nice to see some winter. It's been 70° and clear sunny skies in California. I'm really sorry to everyone else who has endured a harsh winter. If you get sick of it just come out to California.


The day after our arrival went up to Ogden and spent a nice afternoon with my Grandparents. They have a gift for anticipating your every need. On the drive up I was thinking how pizza sounded good and then we rolled up to a yummy Italian place in my Grandfather's Audi. Oh it was perfect. Then my Grandfather gave us a tour of his art studio (the cleanest one I've ever seen. I think he'd be horrified if he were to see my art space.) On the way home I was craving chocolate but also dairy. Low and behold we were offered ice cream and delicious truffles. Then I was feeling a bit tired and Grandfather suggested I take a nap. PERFECT! I did, for about an hour. Waking up to needing something sweet. Grandfather sensed this and offered me a glass of orange juice. I don't know how he does it. It's amazing.



That evening we were back in SLC and went to dinner at a Thai place with my Aunt Susan, Uncle Tom and cousin Pete and his wife Thea who is due a week before me and is also having a boy. OH JOY! (Bytheway, spicy food hasn't effected me yet during this pregnancy, I'm still loving it and so does the baby.)


The next day we rolled on down to Provo to visit Jared's Grandmother. She was such a doll and showed us photos of Jared growing up. He was always smiling or wearing running clothes.





Then we stopped by bYu for some memories and...


THE BEST CHOCOLATE MILK EVER from the BYU creamery. Oh how I love this stuff. I could have drank 5 bottles, but I settled for one. Jared got their new cookies and cream milk...YUCK is all I have to say.



Jared wanted to wander around the CS and Math buildings...then we headed to the HFAC (art building) so I could reminisce.


Back up to SLC that evening to see Meredith and her husband Baptiste who we haven't seen since Paris in Nov. of '07. We ate at Cafe Rio. I wish so much that they lived in California.

(why am I not looking into the camera, I dunno...but the other photo was blurry so it wasn't post worthy.)

OK, probably one of the highlights of our trip was cousin Lucy. We stayed with my Aunt Stephenie and Uncle Scott with their three children. Oh Lucy was such a delight.



Lucy pulled me down to the floor only because she wanted my scarf.


Then we turned around and saw the scarf around her shoulders and she was checking out her reflection in the oven. It was so cute! Later she came over to me will a little smile and a wave trying to charm me into giving her my camera. When I said "no" she tilted her head, beamed a big smile and signed, "PLEASE." It was so funny. This kid's got personality.


The cutest church outfit EVER!



Ben, Grace and Lucy all dressed up for church.



On our very delayed, via Las Vegas (sitting in an airport tring to read your book while listening to slot machines is highly irritating) flight home Jared got some beautiful shots of the sky. I didn't bring my nice Nikon with me so all of these photos aren't quality and I had to do some redeye patrol.


7 comments:

Jill said...

memories of the BY, when i saw your photos.

and, i've had it with the lv airport, flights are constantly delayed or cancelled. both of my flights in there were cancelled bc they couldn't find our pilots! ugh, to that airport.

you look great, by the way. :)

Meredith said...

You are not the only one who wishes we lived in California...

Katie said...

loved the account of your Utah trip! You and Bethea are so cute pregnant! I can't wait to see those baby boys at the reunion! xoxoxo

Julie said...

Ahh, you look so cute pregnant! I love that you can still have style and be pregnant :) Did you get to see Megan while you were there??

blueeyedfreckle said...

I LOVE the cookies and cream flavor of that milk!!!! oh and how I miss BYU, I seriously think those were some of my favorite memories. and you are so adorable with your pregnant belly!

dalene said...

Glad we got to meet you while you were here.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

looks like fun! You are in a lot of my provo memories:)