If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More of Jared's 31st Birthday

Jared asked for a yellow cake with chocolate frosting for his birthday. Which was absolutely perfect because I've been craving that same cake for a few weeks now.

I made one cake and thought that just 2 layers would be wussy. So I made another one and ended up with a 4 layer cake. The first time I've ever done a layer cake. It was fun.






Half way through I ran out of frosting and had to make more. I'm not so great in the estimation department. Good thing I had a back-up bag of powdered sugar.






We had a few people over to celebrate. I don't know if I was singing or taking a deep breath while Jared blew out the candles.




Oh it was good. So one of the cakes was marble cake. Close enough to a yellow cake I thought.

5 comments:

Emily and Danny said...

Oh man, I wish I had let you bring me some of that cake now!

Amy McCown said...

I have been craving that same cake. I am trying to hold out until Wes' birthday in a few weeks, but your pictures look so good that I may have to make it early.

brooklyn said...

YUM. A classic.

YUM.

Happy Birthday to Jared!

Veeda said...

Oh yum! Happy birthday.

Lauren said...

That looks so good right now. I'm craving some chocolate. You're a cute pregnant girl. Of course, I never doubted.