If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Jeremy and Constance celebrate!

My mother threw an open house for Jeremy and Constance to celebrate their recent marriage. It was nice to see a lot of people whom I haven't seen in a while.



Of course my mother looked FABULOUS! Jared's comment: "I've never seen sleeves that big before." He's a good sport with some of our wild fashion sense.




The happy newlyweds.



Jared and I. Notice how I'm trying to look pregnant.




Jared pulled what I like to call "a Richard." If any of you knew my Dad well, you'd know that he could only socialize for so long and then he'd retreat to the back room to read. Jared's just like that. Another reason why I love him, he reminds me a bit of my Dad sometimes:)

6 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

congrats again to jeremy! I think Michael would have a similar thought about the sleeves...how cute that he went "into hiding" Michael does that too, but he finds the kids and leaves the adults. love your blue tights

Senja said...

i am the same with parties - although i don't always find a place to hide! :) but sometimes i just get restless!

you look so pretty alice! i love your stomach and i think i would totally do the same ;) be proud of it!

and your mom is really stylish and beautiful!

SwissMiss said...

Way to work that bump! ;)

La Asistente said...

Loved the pictures! Thanks and HNY!

Sarah said...

oooh, oooh! I knew what "a Richard" was before you explained it - I'm in the know! But in all fairness, he did NOT go hide during your mother's last (two) Christmas party. But even she said she was a little shocked at how social he was that night. I think you put something extra in the punch. ;) Lovely to see you. I worship your mom for her style.

J P said...

Glad to see Jared continuing a family tradition...

J