If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, January 16, 2009

Cooking some more

It's fun to make up new combinations for salads. This is, a pear, cranberry, walnut, avocado, chive and gorgonzola salad.




I reduced a cup of balsamic vinegar and added a tad of oil, honey and dijon.



Sweet potato biscuits.



Brussels sprouts sauteed in butter and dijon with some herbs, I can't remember which ones I added though. I might have added a bit of honey also.

7 comments:

kim said...

Can you post your recipe for the sweet potato biscuits? Those look great! And, random fact, but the only time I had brussel sprouts before the last few years was at your house. I think I ate one because I didn't want to be rude, but I was only 10 or so and not a fan of hardly any veges, so it was a hard one to get down :)

Meredith said...

Just so you know how much dijon I go through living with a Frenchman...we have to buy our dijon mustard at costco!

I will totally make that salad! I've been really into salads with fruit and cheese in them lately. I make a pear/walnut/cranberry/gruyere salad frequently, but I will try this out with the gorgonzola. Looks great!

Jenny said...

Everything looks good! I am hungry all the time. Right now I want to go make brownies. I think I will. More Jacobs boys!!!

darcie said...

oh, i could eat the walnut, gorgo, pear combo all day and night. and occasionally, i do.

Alma said...

I would love the recipe for those biscuits, too! Everything looks so delicious. We grow Brussels sprouts in our garden or buy them from neighboring farmers so we're a definite fan! Did you know that they are a cool weather veggie that actually gets a little sweeter after a frost?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

brussell sprouts will always remind me of you:) remember they were your request with grilled cheese sandwiches for your birthday???

Laurie said...

I need your recipe for sweet potato biscuits! Are they super-yummy? I love all things sweet-potato.