If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Der Rheinfall

Saturday Jared and I headed to the largest waterfall (by volume) in Europe. It's the Rheinfall near the border of Germany on the Rhein River. We took ~46 min. train ride to a quiet town and discovered another little part of Switzerland at the suggestion of a friend.




In the spring/summer season you can go up on top of that rock in the middle of the falls. It took a lot of convincing to prevent Jared from rock hopping his way to it.


What started out as a normal self portrait...

Turned into me using the rapid fire function on my camera. Part way through I just started laughing.



























I didn't know there could be another variation of the gender sign on the WC.




One of the toilets in the men's WC was "defekt"



The town near the Rheinfall.

7 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Seriously...you two are just on the longest honeymoon ever. How fun!

kim said...

Wow! It is so gorgeous there! The only waterfalls I've been to in Switzerland were the Giessbach falls (I think that's how you spell it)--they were really pretty too and I think that you can do some extensive hiking around them (we only had an hour or two so just took a short walk up).

oldasdirt said...

I didn't know you had to wear a dress to use the lady's WC!

bug girl said...

That settles it. I need to go to Switzerland.

Amy said...

I love how everything in Europe is photo worthy including the potties :)

Julie said...

Love the multiple pictures of silliness. We need to take a trip together soon!

Amy McCown said...

Very fun trip. We went last September and Wes wanted to take Layton to the rock.
My favorite Apfelsaft is the IPO brand. I will have to try the one at the farmers market.
You guys really are on the longest honeymoon.
Talk to you soon.