If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Skiing in Switzerland!

Yesterday I went skiing with Julie, her husband and one of their sons. It was pretty hilarious. Not to mention the adventure it took to get there. First of all, I love Julie's casual approach to life. She's just a wonderful and super fun person. The most hilarious part was she and I getting on the chair lift thingie. The first time it took about 10 attempts. It's this upside-down "T" bar and you just kind of lean back while it extends from the cable above until the slack gives out and it pulls you up the hill, while your skis are on the ground and you're trying to balance and hold on for dear life. You place it right where your bottom and legs meet. So, the first time we went separately and just held on with our arms. Which is really tiring. We're both sore. The 2nd time we thought we'd attempt it like other people, together. Well, we couldn't quite get it, fell over delirious with laughter while the subsequent ones would swing by and hit us in the head.

The 3rd try it only took ~ 3 times. However, while we were going up the hill we almost fell over, laughing and holding on for dear life we made it. After that it was all good. Until I went on it with Jason her husband (snow boarder.) My final attempt was me, on my back getting dragged by one leg. They had to stop the so called "lift" machine.

Here is someone getting off the "lift" with ease.



This is how we got up the mountain. My Dad would have loved it.



So amazing. This is the real deal. Not just some photo in a calender. These are the Swiss Alps.



These towns were just so beautiful. I love how the mountains just shoot up from the lake.



We couldn't figure out what this means. Maybe, "Don't fall down head first."




Julie and I had a lot of fun:) Hee hee!

Double click below for more beautiful photos.

5 comments:

Julie said...

My arms and thighs pained. Next time it's your and Jared's pick.....I'm sure they'd all be an upgrade. Thanks for the memories of our first skiing attempt in the Alps.........

Cristy said...

Wow! That is beautiful! I really need to go skiing again!

bug girl said...

I would love to say I went skiing in the the Swiss Alps. I would also love to say I went hiking in the Swiss Alps. You are very lucky.

liz j said...

I loved your account of your adventures/mishaps on the lift! The first time I ever went skiing was in California and I had no idea the ski lift didn't stop to let you off. I was totally convinced that I was going to die.

Apparently luckily for me the only time I have been to the Swiss Alps the snow was long gone. Sounds like I would have made a complete idiot of myself all over again.

Jenna said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. They really do look like a postcard. I am glad that you made it onto the skilift. It sounds scary.