If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A week of food!

I got these cute little espresso cups for our MarieBelle (thick) Hocho. (as EmCox would say.)



Vegetable stew. Parsnips, zucchini, celery root, potatoes, squash, green onions, parsley, and some other random stuff.


Homemade baked French Fries!


Jared liked them:)



We ate them in one sitting!


My friend Tanya told me about this ingenius device. It's great for measuring sticky stuff like, peanutbutter, honey and molasses. It just pushes it right out. I got it in the states while I was home for Christmas, and the funny thing is that I didn't notice until later that it's made in Switzerland. Imagine that!?!?! She like myself LOVES kitchen gadgets!



Hamburgers German style. I had been craving hamburgers for a while. The ground beef here doesn't have enough fat to cook for a hamburger and one of my German friends mentioned this. Ground beef, one egg, green onions, bread crumbs. Mass all together and season.


I brought some relish from home. That perfected the meal!


I was in heaven, and scarfed it down in less that 3 mins.


Blended sun-dried tomatoes mixed with spinach and a bit of cream pasta.


Poached Pears in Puffed pastry.



Drizzled with chocolate....umm...I'm going to have to try this one again since the pastry drooped:(

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow - all of that food looks great!!

On another note - you should post a clock so that we know what time it is there. This websight seems to have a free one that you can use...

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/

Jenna said...

YUMMY! The food looks delicious. I need to find out what you put on the homemade pommes frites! They look so good.

btw.. Thanks Becky! Commenter above, I just added the clocks to my blog so that everyone will stop asking what time it is here.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

you are so creative and adventurous with your cooking:)

Julie said...

I am laughing for some strange reason you may know why........can I come over for dinner and dessert every night??