If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Family Outing!

Last week I told Jared that for Labor Day I wanted to get out of the house...not just hang out and do chores like we mostly do when Jared isn't working. I really wanted a crab sandwich and remembered having one in Sausalito a couple of years ago. (Apparently it was also on Labor Day.) So when I get an idea in my head...I have to meet the needs of that idea, in this case it was food, in a beautiful place.

Well after a nice car ride (Finn didn't scream) up across the Golden Gate Bridge and a walk around the town we found a place that had a melted avocado crab sandwich PERFECT!





Handsome!



Another prefect thing was that Finn slept through lunch so we



Oh how I love San Francisco



A little over 25 years ago Jared had attended pre-school in Sausalito when his father was in the army and they were living in the Presidio. We looked it up and actually found it.



It was so cute!



There's even a student there right now named Alice!



Then back across the Golden Gate (I can't believe the toll is now $6.)



While driving home we decided to stop off in Pacifica.



I hadn't been to the beach since...well... I was 5 months pregnant.




Finn slept.



Waves crashed.



Finn's first time at the ocean:) He liked it.



Jared got his feet wet.



Then I got my feet wet. A woman turned to me and said, "isn't it cold." "No," I replied, "it's so refreshing." I love California beaches and the cold ocean water.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Now I'm hungry for a good sandwich!! Lovely day. You look great. But Jared was in preschool 15 years ago? Babies having babies...

Dana said...

How funny, we went to Pacifica and then San Francisco for the day! Great minds think alike!

Julie said...

Yum, that sounds delicious. Did you have the waiter take your picture at lunch?? So funny! I want to give Finn kisses, he's so cute!

blueeyedfreckle said...

how nice to get out and do all that in one day! lucky! you guys seem like you are always good at DOING THINGS. that's probably why you can do it w/ a baby too.

Jenny said...

David and I visited their little preschool when we were there in 2005. It was so cute and up that curvy steep road. So fun that you got to visit.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a fun trip! your mom is moving???!!