If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dad's b-day

Today was my Dad's birthday. So naturally I made his favorite jello salad.


Dad on top of Ayer's Rock in Australia. Summer, 2001


Dad's Birthday Jello
1 #2 can crushed pineapple
1 1/2 cup pineapple juice and water
1 package lemon jello
~ 1 Cup of grated carrots
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream

Drain pineapple. Add enough water to juice to make 1 1/2 cups. Heat to boil. Add 1 package lemon jello. Stir until dissolved. Add sugar, salt, lemon juice. Chill till thickened. Add pineapple and grated carrot and whipped cream. (You whip the cream and then gently fold it into the chilled but not too set jello mixture). Fold pineapple and the whipped cream into the gelatin. Pour into 8-inch mold or dish.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

He had such a great voice. I love calling your mom and hearing his voice on the answering machine. Your parents were/are so classy. I want to be like that when I grow up.

Kaye Paugh said...

Alice, great post but put me in tears. My brother loved climbing and rocks from the moment he could walk and talk which was very early! Watch out for Finn -- he is cute and a mover. Love, Aunt Kaye

Hurray for the carrots and whip cream!

blueeyedfreckle said...

I remember your talking about going on this trip with your dad while we were in Tonga/NZ and I bet you are so glad you did. I mean what a chance in a lifetime to spend alone time with your father in a cool place like Australia. I bet you cherish that trip esp. after his passing. It makes my eyes water just to think about it.