If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday Picnic in the Park

After church on Sunday it was too beautiful to be inside. For the first time in many weeks Jared didn't need to work so I whipped up some salads and we headed up the windy path to Foothill Park.
I have many fond memories of going here since it was my father's favorite park. A couple of weeks after he died I wanted to go camp in the park and couldn't get anyone to go with me. I was about to go by myself when I tried Jared, (before we started dating and were good friends.) He said yes and we packed up the car and spent a night under the stars. We chatted until we fell asleep.

Jared has an incredible mind. He told me about all of the things that he reads and learns about and just concepts that not a lot of people think about. I remember thinking that night, "who in the world is this guy going to marry, he needs someone who can captivate him and keep him mentally stimulated." Little did I know it would be me:)




Jared doesn't like beets....unless I roast them:)

Beet salad:
roasted beets
green onions
roasted cherry tomatoes
yellow/orange peppers
basil
grapefruit olive oil
s/p to taste
goat cheese

It turned out to be delicious. I think we'll eat the leftovers tonight!



There were quite a few deer.

3 comments:

Amy McCown said...

That is a sweet story about you and Jarod. You look great too! Good luck in the last few weeks before he arrives.

blueeyedfreckle said...

Lov the photos. esp the one with the glasses in it. And I am weary of beets. Is this salad really that good? It looks delish, but I am scared of beets.

Senja said...

that looks amazing! and i love your dress. man, you always come up with the greatest, creative and fancy recipes! i am a sucker for red beets!