If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, May 8, 2009

I love summer produce!

I love summer fruit. Fortunately in California our Strawberries are grown less than 2 hours away. Jared and I are trying to eat as locally as possible. Not possible with pineapple and bananas though. Anyhow, a 1/2 flat of strawberries were just $4.50 at the Milk Pail the other day. I'm going through them fast. The first of the season are always the best. YUM!

I can't wait for California Plums. None of this Chile business.

Here's a great site where you can enter your state and month and it'll tell you what's in season in the area. Food miles.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness that looks amazing!! The price of those strawberries kills me! I pay more for 1 lb of them here.

Nothing grows here. And nothing is ever in season. It's May and still snowing. And it snowed the first of September last year. 2 month growing season makes buying green difficult. :-( Good for you, though!

blueeyedfreckle said...

fresh yummy, cheap fruit is one of my favorite parts of summer! yeah!